Sunday, March 7, 2010

Highway Hypnosis

According to the great and all knowing Wikipedia "highway hypnosis" is described as, "a mental state in which [a] person can drive a truck or automobile great distances, responding to external events in the expected manner with no recollection of having consciously done so. In this state the driver's conscious mind is apparently fully focused elsewhere..."

Despite the fact that technically I am not able to legally drive a truck, automobile or any other sort of motor vehicle I have been experiencing these highway hypnotic episodes on a rather frequent basis these last couple days and for my very first post I will give you some examples:

  1. Locking myself out of my apartment last night, leaving my cat trapped in the house without food and leaving me outside with out any means of breaking back in.
  2. Heading to the local cafe down the street this morning (in order to study for an exam I have tomorrow) and forgetting all of my work at home. Of course only realizing this after I've ordered a large cappuccino for here and not in a to-go cup. (Hence the reason I am now starting this blog and not studying)
OK-- so far I only have two examples, not sure if this is enough to actually be considered a list, but it is definitely enough for me to start thinking that I need to get my head out of the clouds and start paying closer attention to whatever the hell I happen to be doing. As these "episodes" continue, as I'm sure they will, I will add to the list and perhaps change the title to, "stupid shit that Sarita does daily."

I will now end this almostlistonmynewblogaboutlists with a TO DO list. My favorite type of all lists.

TO DO:
  • Study
  • Make copies of my keys
  • Email my boss about that thing
  • Think up more list topics and then blog about them

1 comment:

  1. yayyy a new blog!
    also, i think that mostly you're just being forgetful ;) maybe too much mota, ehh?? jk.

    seriously, though -- i do silly stuff like that all the time. fortunately i haven't locked myself out in a while, though.

    ReplyDelete